September 24, 2010

a walk down my street.

"He has made everything beautiful in His time." Ecclesiastes 3:11


i'm constantly blown away by the beauty of God's creation. His beauty is reflected in everything around us! today was one of those days that i just had to be outside. so i took a little walk with my camera down my street. these are some of the things i saw!

my favorite part of this walk, however, was meeting my neighbors, Claudie and Carol. they are the most precious little ladies i have ever met. they are both well into their 80's and are still as vibrant and lively as ever! their houses are right next to each other and after living in the same houses for over 50 years, Claudie and Carol have been best friends for quite some time now!

Carol's house is a gorgeous mint green color and when i saw them sitting on the porch in their rocking chairs with iced tea in hand, i couldn't help but ask if i could take their picture. they didn't like that idea too much, so i didn't get a photo, but i did get to sit there and talk with them for about thirty minutes. i'm so excited that i made some new friends today! they told me to come back and visit whenever i liked! i think i will take them up on that offer. maybe i can get some pictures next time.

i was inspired by these little lanterns hanging at my neighbor's house. so pretty!

gorgeous flowers in another neighbor's yard.

this little squirrel was trying to hide from me. he's so cute. this video my boyfriend found makes me want a pet squirrel. http://www.wimp.com/catsquirrel/

a view of my pretty street.

my house! i have lived here for three years with some awesome girls. its pretty darn cute i think.

excited for fall to be here!

1 comment: